Followers

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

One Summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan

One Summer in ParisOne Summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my this book was incredible! I really felt every emotion, I found myself crying for Audry and Grace, just as I laughed out loud at other times. I felt disgust and hate toward David, but then I found myself rooting for him. Such a crazy emotional journey! But I honestly cried at the train scene. What I liked about this ending was everyone found out something about themselves, that took away the idea that someone was to blame and learned to love each other and themselves. It ended on such a high and happy place, full of possibilities!
The entire story was so easy and comfortable to read, I was compelled to pick it up all the time, because I just needed to know what would happen next.
Follow the story of Grace, her entire life is turned upside down, and on her 25th wedding anniversary. What could be lower. Life in a small town doesn't give you much privacy and time to heal, everyone knows, everyone judges. Grace decides to take the summer trip to Paris that she purchased for her and David for their anniversary.
Audrey lives a lonely life, a roller coaster of emotions, always on the edge and ready to assist her alcoholic mother. She's been taking care of her mother her entire life. She's about to graduate and has been saving all her tips and money earned for a summer in Paris. She has to get away, but will she be able to leave her mother?
Grace and Audrey meet on the first day of their trips. The friendship that develops is so much fun, it's endearing, it's heartwarming, and it's funny. I loved their relationship and how it developed.
How did Audrey think she was going to work in a bookstore in Paris without any language skills! She is tough and gritty and I loved that about her, but I also liked seeing her allow herself to trust and to let her guard down.
This book was just fantastic! I received a copy from the publisher but was under no obligation to write a review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment