Followers

Saturday, June 10, 2017

"The Ebb Tide" by Beverly Lewis

The Ebb Tide
by Beverly Lewis




Well, as with all of Beverly Lewis' books - I read them way too fast and then I'm sad when I am finished!

The Ebb Tide was a great book, Beverly Lewis has a writing style that gives you great things to ponder but is so simple and pleasant to read.  And I appreciate the woven in godly messages and lessons.  Reading about the Amish, their lifestyle, their religion, and family life is also very fascinating.  If you have never read Beverly Lewis you are missing out on some great reads.  


A quote before you begin reading, for some reason this just stuck with me!
Never Give Up!  

I was delighted to receive a free copy of this book to read and provide a review through the Baker Publishing/Bethany House Blogger Program.  My review is my own.


Lookie Here - I couldn't put it down!!


My review as written, and submitted on Amazon.com and Goodreads.com

I am a huge Beverly Lewis fan and I think I've read most, if not all of her books!  Her writing style is so comfortable and the books read themselves!  I think I read this in a couple sittings!  She is the best at writing about the Amish and including all the godly lessons and examples, and gives us much to consider even after the book is finished!  The Ebb Tide was a bit different as it took us out of Amish country for much of the story!  I enjoy reading about the relationships and expectations within an Amish family.  When the book opens you learn about Sallie Riehl, she is embarking on a trip of a lifetime before she gets baptized and is required to settle down.  You see pretty quickly she is struggling with her inner self that longs to see the world and what she knows is expected and maybe even right, that she join the church.  The book takes us with her, as she travels to be a nanny for the summer, she thinks this trip will allow her to get the traveling bug out of her and be content with life back home.  I enjoyed Sallie's relationships with the family that takes her to Cape May, the daughter she is in charge of, the boy back home, and the Mennonite young man she meets!  She has   She has to decide her own future.  God's ways are not always our ways, he knows more than we do!  
I was given a free copy to read and review from Baker Publishing/Bethany House Blogger Program, this review is my own!




No comments:

Post a Comment