Followers

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

"High as the Heavens" by Kate Breslin

"High as the Heavens"
by Kate Breslin



I'm a big fan of this genre - I love Historical Fiction and I love Christian Fiction so this book was right up my alley!
I enjoyed reading about WWI, the insights and tidbits that were the norm for people living in this time in history.  
This is a story about Eve, who is a British Nurse, she is relocated to Brussels during the war, she lives with her Aunt and Uncle and works in their cafe in the evenings.  During the day she is a nurse, working in the hospital, under the watchful eyes of the German soldiers.

Here is where the excitement comes in - she is also a spy for a British resistance group!  So imaging being watched by German soldiers as you do the work for the enemy! 
A few twists, turns, and God-like things make this book an great read!



Here is my review as listed on Amazon, B&N, and Goodreads:

I completely loved this book, I'm an avid historical fiction fan loved the journey of Eve in this story.  I'm also a big fan of Christian Fiction, so this was both of my favorites wrapped in one!  The book was full of excitement and the dangers of living in Brussels during the German occupation of World War !.  I've read many, many WWII books and love the variation of the WWI.  
Eve is a British nurse who lives in Brussels during the war with her Aunt and Uncle and works in their restaurant, she is also a nurse.  She works in the hospital under the scrutiny of the German soldiers.  She is also a spy, working for a resistance group, thus the danger!
The characters are interesting, the story feels real, and it keeps you turning the pages!  It's hard to write much more about this book without giving away any of the action. So I'll just recommend it highly and say it didn't disappoint me!  
I was given a copy of this book from Bethany House through their blogger program, but my review and opinions are my own.

Grab your copy and enjoy!
Available anywhere - Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Christian Book!

I received a copy of this book from Bethany House through their blogger program, all opinions are 100% my own!


No comments:

Post a Comment