Followers

Saturday, October 28, 2017

The Legacy (Secrets of the Shetlands) Book 3

The Legacy
(Secrets of the Shetlands)
Book 3
by Michael Phillips


Thank you to Bethany House and Baker Publishing Group for the chance to read the third and final installment of Michael Phillips' Secrets of the Shetlands series!
I loved the first two books and can happily say the same for the final book!
I was able to receive a free copy of the book through their Blogger Review program!

So that being said - a final installment is always an exciting and sad time for me - Love wrapping up the story
- Hate that the story is wrapped up

I loved the characters in this series - how they developed and changed from their first introduction to the end.  The main characters Loni Ford and David Tulloch are so likable, so fresh, so honest!  Real life problems, discoveries about their past, how all is connected, such a satisfying story!

For each book in the series I had to go to the "family tree" provided and refresh and remember all the connections and the order.

I love how this book goes back and forth - from great-grandmother's journal to present day Whales Reef.

I feel like I'm skipping around in this post - but there is so much to love.
Please do yourself a favor and check out the entire serices

Secrets of the Shetlands
The Inheritance - Book One
The Cottage - Book Two
The Legacy - Book Three


So you can tell that I loved this book as well as the first two!

Here is my review as posted on Amazon.com, Barnes&Noble.com, and ChristianBook.com - this book is available on all of these sites!

My 5-star review!

The Legacy
I'm a huge fan of Michael Phillips and an even bigger fan of this series!  I loved the first two books in his Secrets of the Shetlands series (The Inheritance and The Cottage) and have been waiting to read the final book three!  Now that it's out one can read all three in succession - no need to refresh the family tree and history as you read the next one!  
I thank him for providing the family tree and the map as I referred to them often to refresh my memory and assure myself I was on track!  
What I love about this series is the generational span - and how the characters are connected to each other and the land!  Such a great historical fiction piece - and enjoy the flipping back from past to present as we discover Loni's great-grandmother's journal!  
This being the third book I was wondering what could happen next - it seems in the first two we introduced the characters, discovered much about them, learned about the island of Whales Reef, and met it's people.  After a sketch start in the eyes of the residents it seems that Loni was on track to earning their trust and their friendship!  David, the chief of Whales Reef and Loni have now formed a friendship and a bond, after a rocky start!  
So what drama could befall book three!  
I loved how the story flipped back and forth and told the story and explained the connection to the island for Loni.  Her story is finally clear, her history finally discovered, and how she became the one to inherit Whales Reef!  I also appreciate and love the Christian Fiction genre and love how this book includes God, his purpose and how we are all connected through him!
Not all easy, not without drama - but enjoy the ride - it's a great series and one of which you don't want to be interrupted!
Thank you to Bethany House and Baker Publishing for the free copy to read and review through their Blogger program!  The opinions and thoughts here are 100% my own!

Thank you again to Bethany House, Baker Publishing Group
for the complimentary copy of this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment