Followers

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Murder in the Lincoln White House (Lincoln's White House Mystery #1)Murder in the Lincoln White House by C.M. Gleason
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love a good mystery and I love a good historical fiction, so this is a match made for me! I absolutely loved this book and it's exciting to me that it's Book One in a series, so I know I'll get to enjoy more from this author and these characters!
I enjoyed the story and the idea that I can sneak a peek at the way life was back in the day of Lincoln's presidency, what was going on in the world, how people lived day to day, these always intrigue me!
The story starts out at President Lincoln's inauguration, and during the inauguration ball we meet the characters, hear the setup of characters, who is on which side, meet them, and we have a murder! Right there at the inaugural ball!
Here is where the mystery starts as we meet Adam Quinn, hired by Lincoln to keep an eye on the events and protect him. Now there is a murder for him to investigate. As he is not part of the DC crowd he has no obligations to others and is tasked to solve the crime and find the murderer.
It's a great cast of characters, two women who are total opposites aid him as well as an African American doctor, as they all do their part to assist Adam in solving the crime.
I completely loved this book! The story is filled with fictional and non-fictional characters and this makes it so fun!
I was given a free copy of this book from the publisher to read and share!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment