Followers

Monday, October 15, 2018

The Rain Watcher by Tatiana De Rosnay

The Rain Watcher
by Tatiana De Rosnay


I love Tatiana de Rosnay! I have been moved by all of the books that I have read. This one is the same, loved it! I was immediately, from page one, transported to Paris with Linden Malegarde! I could feel the cool, damp rain, the way it poured down in sheets, the way it dampened the proposed holiday of Linden and his family. They all meet in Paris to celebrate his father's birthday and his parent's anniversary, his parents, himself, and his sister.
The rain ruins all the plans his mother has made for their trip, as the rain increases, the flooding begins, they are more or less stuck in, with each other, giving them the opportunity to reconnect and old issues surface, secrets emerge, irritations, and uncertainty and fear for the future.
Each chapter begins with a page from a journal that runs in the background that you are unsure what it means or who wrote it until the end.
The story is sad, sweet, and told with so much detail you can envision it all clearly.
I absolutely loved it! Thank you to St Martins Press for the advanced reader copy to read and share my review!

No comments:

Post a Comment